Colors to match
There are a lot of factors I’ll consider when shopping for a car stereo — features, sound quality, and more. The one thing I won’t do without? Customizable colors. After all, I want my new gear to match my car. Pioneer’s DEH-S5000BT CD receiver offers thousands of colors for the display and the buttons — topped off with a sweet illuminated rotary knob. It’s really entertaining to try different combinations, and MIXTRAX adds to the fun by adding transitions between songs along with a light show that pulses and changes color with the beat of the music.
With Bluetooth®, I can instantly stream my favorite tunes, music services, and podcasts from my phone without plugging in. And I can take phone calls without having to hold my phone while driving. A lot of car stereos have Bluetooth, but they’re not all created equal. The DEHS5000BT features Wide Band Speech Technology, which ensures that your conversations are clear and easily understood. And this stereo will store 10 phones in its memory, so it’ll accommodate all the members of your family. First-time pairing is a snap too — just plug your iPhone® or Android™ into the USB the first time and you’re all set.
The DEH-S5000BT serves up Bluetooth and a variable color display.
Ready for your iPhone or Android
Once your iPhone’s connected to this Pioneer’s front-panel USB input, you’ll be able to access your playlists with the receiver’s controls. Android Open Accessory 2.0 (AOA 2.0) lets you access music files stored on many Android phones through USB too. You’ll enjoy excellent sound quality and you won’t have to pick up the phone whenever you want to skip a track. You’ll also enjoy control over your favorite Pandora® stations or Spotify on your Android phone or iPhone from this receiver.
If your phone has Siri® capabilities, just touch a button and Siri Eyes Free is at your command. Through Bluetooth you can ask Siri to make calls, select and play music, compose and hear text messages, read notifications, even use maps and get directions — all commanded by your voice.
Smartphone control from the Pioneer ARC app
Download Pioneer’s Advanced Remote Control App (ARC) to your iOS or Android device, and you’ve got a smart remote control for your Pioneer in the palm of your hand. You and your passengers can use your smartphone to access advanced functions like source selection, playback, music library browsing, music app selection, and much more.
Tailor the sound
With Pioneer’s potent amplifier and 13-band EQ at your disposal, you can be sure you’ll hear a big jump in sound quality over your old radio. Three pairs of preamp outputs make it easy to add external amplifiers or a powered sub.
Want to keep your steering wheel controls?
In most cars, you’ll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you’ll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You’ll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver’s Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone’s Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you’re going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check “Details” for compatibility information.
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (14 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- FLAC file playback from USB devices
- detachable face with 2-line LCD display
- variable color illumination with separate control of display and buttons
- 10-level illumination dimmer
- MIXTRAX for a DJ-inspired audio/visual experience with compatible devices
- remote control
Smartphone Features (see Details for info on compatibility):
- built in iPod, iPhone, and iPad controls
- compatible with Pioneer’s Advanced Remote Control smartphone app
- Pandora and Spotify control through iPhone and Android
- AOA 2.0 — music file and streaming audio playback from select Android devices through USB input
- selectable source change lets you charge your phone without activating the USB port as a source
- USB Quick Charge (1.5 amps)
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs, and USB memory devices (see Details for full capabilities)
- Advanced Sound Retriever (ASR) for improved sound quality from compressed music files
- 13-band equalizer with seven preset tone settings
- 3-level loudness
- low-pass and high-pass filters
- subwoofer level control
- inputs: front panel auxiliary and USB inputs
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, and subwoofer)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- CTA-2006 compliant
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DEH-S5000BT