Enjoy wireless Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay™
Pioneer’s AVIC-W8400NEX navigation receiver is more than just a flagship — it’s a powerful multimedia command center, featuring robust phone integration through wireless Apple CarPlay™ and wireless Android Auto™. Android and iPhone owners can now enjoy control of favorite apps through the receiver’s 7″ capacitive touchscreen without having to pause and connect the phone with a cable. It also offers an HD Radio™ tuner and other sonic goodies. The spot-on GPS directions keep you on the right path and away from traffic congestion.
Apple CarPlay brings your apps to your dash… wirelessly
Apple CarPlay brings all the familiar content on your iPhone to the big screen on your Pioneer car stereo. And with the AVIC-W8400NEX navigation receiver, you can enjoy this groundbreaking feature wirelessly. Go ahead and leave your phone in your purse or jacket pocket, and still enjoy the safety and convenience that CarPlay brings to your daily drive, including control of Apple HomeKit™ compatible devices. Drivers can access CarPlay functions by touch or through Siri® voice control, and if you want to connect your phone via USB for a charge, you can still enjoy all the benefits of CarPlay.
Android Auto without wires
For those with a compatible Android smartphone, Android Auto’s an easy way to hit the road. Your media, nav, phone, apps (including the popular Waze app), and more are organized in a simple, clean interface with voice control, but until now it has required a cable connection with your receiver. The AVIC-W8400NEX uses a native Wi-Fi® connection along with Bluetooth to automatically pair with your phone as soon as you turn your vehicle on, giving you instant control of select Android apps through the receiver’s screen or Google Assistant-powered voice control. It won’t charge your phone while running wirelessly, but if you want to connect and charge, you can still enjoy all the benefits of Android Auto.
If you have an older device, you can still benefit from Wi-Fi Certified Miracast™, which lets you mirror your phone’s screen on the AVIC-W8400NEX’s display without a wired connection.
Seven inches of touchscreen fun
You’ll see everything you need at a glance on Pioneer’s info-rich NEX interface, and the updated interface makes choosing musical sources a breeze. When you’re properly connected, your smartphone’s travel-friendly apps will find a good home on the display. It even offers a “Power Off” mode in the source menu for those times when you want a completely dark screen. The receiver’s HDMI input means iPhone and Android users both get Pioneer’s AppRadio mode for in-dash command of several important apps, and that your phone can more easily be used as an audio or video source.
Roam freely with reliable directions and traffic reports
A lost driver is an unhappy driver, so count on the this Pioneer’s GPS technology to guide you practically anywhere in the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico. You can search for stopping points along your route among the 8 million included points of interest, or mark your own favorite spots for future reference. Built-in live traffic updates alert you to potential delays caused by congestion along your route. Spoken street names at turns and lane guidance keep you on track, while speed limit warnings help you stay safe.
Bluetooth for hands-free streaming and communication
Wireless Bluetooth connectivity keeps you in contact with others through hands-free calling. The included external microphone gives your conversations plenty of clarity when you’re talking through your compatible phone. And the receiver will work with most phones for wireless streaming audio, thanks to its advanced Hands-Free Profile technology. You’ll also get smartphone app control through your devices.
The built-in 13-band graphic equalizer, Auto EQ, and Time Alignment let you shape the sonic output to suit your tastes. Use the high- and low-pass crossover’s adjustable points and slopes for further adjustments, and engage the Advanced Sound Retriever to fill in the missing “gaps” in your compressed music files to restore clarity. This Pioneer’s also compatible with high-resolution FLAC files, so you can play your music from a thumb drive with maximum fidelity.
See the video sights
You can check out video from DVDs or other sources on the 7″ display when you’re parked. You can also tap into video content on your iPod or smartphone with the help of the correct cable (not included). When you’re on the road, you can play movies through a rear-seat monitor for your passengers, so they can stay entertained. Dual-zone capability lets you enjoy the radio or another audio source up front while your passengers watch their favorite movies with headphones in the back.
Rear and front cameras
You can also connect up to two cameras, so you can see more of what’s near your vehicle when getting in and out of tight spots. Need to pull up your rear-view camera in a hurry? A dedicated icon in the source menu gives you instant access.
Ready for SiriusXM satellite radio
The AVIC-W8400NEX radio features a connection for an optional satellite radio tuner, so you can enjoy SiriusXM’s extensive programming with your subscription. You can listen to your chosen channels no matter where you roam, and take advantage of special features such as alerts when your favorite songs or sports teams are on the air.
Built-in HD Radio tuner
If you’re in an area with HD Radio broadcasts, the Pioneer’s built-in tuner can pick them up. You’ll hear improved fidelity and reception from participating AM/FM stations all over.
iDatalink Maestro lets you keep your factory extras
Pioneer’s AVIC-W8400NEX offers compatibility you won’t find in many other aftermarket radios, thanks to the iDatalink Maestro module (not included). In a wide selection of vehicles, this module lets you keep factory features that you’d otherwise lose when you install a new radio. You’ll also be able to check out engine performance data and other vehicle info on the Pioneer’s screen. Once you’ve identified your vehicle, you’ll see the iDatalink module offered on the way to the Shopping Cart if it’s compatible.
Want to keep your car’s steering wheel audio controls?
In most cars, you’ll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you’ll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You’ll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver’s Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone’s Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you’re going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check “Details” for compatibility information.
- DVD/CD receiver with 7″ touchscreen and AM/FM tuner
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- works with wireless and wired Android Auto
- works with wireless and wired Apple CarPlay
- built-in HD Radio tuner
- remote control
- fits double-DIN (4″ tall) dash openings
- AppRadio Mode for easy access to apps on the touchscreen
- AppRadioLIVE integration with select apps
- Siri Eyes Free control with compatible iOS devices
- Wi-Fi Certified Miracast™ for wireless screen-mirroring
- Pandora control through iPhone and Android
- maps of United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico, plus 7.9 million points of interest
- free traffic updates in major metropolitan areas
- text-to-speech announces actual street names at turns
- lane guidance
- speed limit warnings
- plays CDs, DVDs, SD cards, and USB drives (see Details for full capabilities)
- plays lossless FLAC audio files (up to 192kHz/24-bit) from your flash drive
- 13-band graphic EQ with Easy EQ preset equalizer
- Auto EQ with Time Alignment (optional CD-MC20 micrequired)
- low- and high-pass filters with adjustable crossover points
- Advanced Sound Retriever enhances compressed digital files
- dual-zone A/V output
- works with SiriusXM SXV300 tuner — supports Tune Mix, Traffic & Weather Now, and Sports Flash features
- inputs: HDMI input; dual rear USB inputs; SD card input, 2 rear A/V inputs (mini, RCA); two camera inputs
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer); audio/video output (RCA + mini)
- built-in amp (14 watts RMS/50 watts peak x 4 channels)
- CTA-2006 compliant
- MIXTRAX audio and visual effects
- compatible with iDatalink Maestro module
- retains factory features in a wide selection of vehicles
- displays engine performance and other vehicle data on touchscreen
- works with steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AVIC-W8400NEX
What’s in the box:
- Navigation receiver with 6.95″ touchscreen monitor (10A fuse)
- Wiring harness
- AV/preout harness
- Remote control (CD-R33)
- CR2025 3V lithium battery (installed in remote)
- GPS antenna (attached 11.5′ cable)
- 58″ USB extension cable
- 6.5′ Stereo minijack extension cable
- Microphone w/ bracket (attached 13′ cable terminated by a right-angle 2.5mm connector)
- Two-sided tape
- 6 Pan-head ISO screws (M5 x 6mm)
- 6 Flat-head ISO screws (M5 x 6mm)
- Carrying case
- Self-adhesive square
- 3 Self-adhesive clips
- Sheet of self-adhesive labels
- Quick Start Guide
- Installation Manual
- “Important Information For The User” booklet
- Warranty Information
- “USB Type-C Phone” note
- “Apple CarP