Pioneer’s AVIC-5201NEX navigation receiver boasts top-notch GPS guidance, Bluetooth® connectivity, and plenty of sonic enhancements, plus a finger-friendly 6.2″ screen. Add in Apple CarPlay™ compatibility for amazing integration of iPhone® functions and apps, and you’ve got a tremendous in-dash value on your hands.
Apple CarPlay brings your apps to your dash
Apple CarPlay compatibility allows a Lightning™-to-USB connection to provide access to select apps on newer iPhones. Once connected, the receiver shows large icons for functions such as Maps, Phone, Messages, Music, Now Playing, and Podcasts. Several streaming apps — including Pandora® — work within the CarPlay interface as well. Drivers can access these functions by touch or through Siri® voice control. Learn more at www.apple.com/ios/carplay.
Take command through the finger-friendly 6.2″ display
You’ll see everything you need at a glance on Pioneer’s info-rich NEX interface, and the intuitive layout makes choosing musical sources a breeze. When you’re properly connected, your smartphone’s travel-friendly apps will find a good home on the display. It even offers a “Power Off” mode in the source menu for those times when you want a completely dark screen. iPhone users also get Pioneer’s AppRadio mode for in-dash command of several important apps.
Dependable guidance wherever the road takes you
A lost driver is an unhappy driver, so count on the AVIC-5201NEX’s GPS technology to guide you practically anywhere in the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico. You can search for stopping points along your route among the 8 million included points of interest, or mark your own favorite spots for future reference. For a better look at the map, you can choose the level of map zoom manually. Spoken street names at turns and lane guidance keep you on track, while speed limit warnings help you stay safe.
Bluetooth® for hands-free streaming and communication
Wireless Bluetooth connectivity keeps you in contact with others from the road with hands-free calling. The included external microphone gives your conversations plenty of clarity when you’re talking through your compatible phone. And the receiver will work with most phones for wireless streaming audio, thanks to its advanced Hands-Free Profile technology. You’ll also get smartphone app control through your devices.
Siri® Eyes Free
In addition, you can use your smartphone voice commands via Siri Eyes Free when the receiver’s paired with your phone. You can perform any number of tasks such as making phone calls, hearing and composing texts, getting directions, choosing songs and playlists, and adding reminders with your voice.
Please your ears
This Pioneer’s also compatible with high-resolution lossless FLAC files, so you can play your music from your thumb drive with maximum fidelity. The built-in 13-band graphic equalizer, Auto EQ, and Time Alignment let you shape the sonic output to suit your tastes. Use the high- and low-pass crossover’s adjustable points and slopes for further adjustments, and engage the Advanced Sound Retriever to fill in the missing “gaps” in your compressed music files to restore clarity.
Video to go
You can check out video from DVDs or other sources on the 6.2″ display when you’re parked. You can also tap into video content on your iPod or smartphone with the help of the correct cable (not included). When you’re on the road, you can play movies through a rear-seat monitor for your passengers, so they can stay entertained. Dual-zone capability lets you enjoy the radio or another audio source up front while your passengers watch their favorite movies with headphones in the back. And the receiver offers a dedicated rear-view camera input, plus an additional video input for adding a second camera.
Ready for SiriusXM satellite radio
The AVIC-5201NEX features a connection for an optional satellite radio tuner, so you can enjoy SiriusXM’s extensive programming with your subscription. You can listen to your chosen channels no matter where you roam, and take advantage of special features such as alerts when your favorite songs or sports teams are on the air.
Want to keep your car’s steering wheel audio controls?
In most cars, you’ll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you’ll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You’ll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
iDatalink Maestro lets you keep your factory extras
The AVIC-5201NEX offers compatibility you won’t find in many other aftermarket radios, thanks to the iDatalink Maestro module (not included). The module lets you keep factory features in your Chrysler, Ford, GM, Toyota, Fiat, or VW vehicle that you’d otherwise lose when you install a new radio. You’ll also be able to check out expanded functionality on the Pioneer’s screen, including gauges, climate controls, a distance sensor, and tire pressure and temperature monitors.
If you currently use AppRadio Mode, Pioneer has found that it won’t work with iOS 11. They’re working on an update, so you may want to keep iOS 10 until that fix is available.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver’s Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone’s Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you’re going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check “Details” for compatibility information.
- DVD/CD receiver with 6.2″ touchscreen and AM/FM tuner
- internal amp (14 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 watts peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- plays lossless FLAC audio files (up to 192kHz/24-bit) from your flash drive
- fits double-DIN (4″ tall) dash openings
- Apple CarPlay compatible
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control (see Details for model compatibility)
- Siri Eyes Free control with iPhone 4s and newer
- Pandora control through iPhone and Android
- maps of United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico, plus 7.9 million points of interest
- text-to-speech announces actual street names at turns
- lane guidance
- speed limit warnings
- manual map zoom
- plays CDs, DVDs, and USB drives (see Details for full capabilities)
- 13-band graphic EQ with Easy EQ preset equalizer
- Auto EQ with Time Alignment (optional CD-MC20 micrequired)
- low- and high-pass filters with adjustable crossover points
- Advanced Sound Retriever enhances compressed digital files
- Pioneer MIXTRAX technology creates nonstop mixes and adds effects to digital tracks
- dual-zone A/V output
- works with SiriusXM SXV300 tuner — supports Tune Mix, Traffic & Weather Now, and Sports Flash features
- inputs: dual rear USB inputs; 2 rear A/V inputs; camera input
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer); composite video output
- CEA-2006 compliant
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- compatible with iDatalink Maestro module
- retains select factory features in your Chrysler, Ford, GM, Toyota, Fiat, or VW vehicle
- displays engine performance and other vehicle data on touchscreen
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AVIC-5201NEX
What’s in the box:
- Navigation receiver w/ integrated 6.1″ touchscreen monitor (10A fuse)
- Detachable control-panel (attached)
- Wiring harness
- GPS antenna (attached 11.5′ cable)
- Self-adhesive square
- 58″ USB-A extension cable
- Microphone w/ bracket (attached 13′ cable terminated by a right-angle 2.5mm connector)
- 6.5′ Stereo minijack extension cable
- Two-sided tape
- 6 Pan-head ISO screws (M5 x 6mm)
- 6 Flat-head ISO screws (M5 x 6mm)
- Face-fixing screw
- Owner’s Manual on CD-ROM
- Quick Start Guide
- Installation Manual
- Important Information for the User
- Warranty Information
- Notice to customer with Apple CarPlay-compatible devices
- Online Product Registration
- Important Notice concerning AVICSYNC Support
- Notes on Using a