Cut the cord
More users are enjoying the utility of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto™ every day. Now Pioneer’s taken the convenience of these cool applications and made them wireless. No plugging in your phone — you’re connected as soon as you start the car. CarPlay and Android Auto integrate your phone into your driving experience in a non-distracting way. You’ll have voice control access to maps, weather, music, your phone, text messages, and easy access to many of your favorite apps — all without taking your eyes off the road.
Customizable 7″ display
Customize the touchscreen by moving icons around to create shortcuts to your favorite sources and apps. And you’ve got a choice of colors and backgrounds that’ll let you tailor the look to match your vehicle. Video content plays in bright, clear detail when you’re parked, and when you’re on the road, you can entertain your passengers by sending a movie from the receiver to a rear-seat screen. And of course you can plug in a rear-view camera (and a second camera) to play it safe in crowded parking lots.
AppRadio mode and AppRadioLIVE
Pioneer’s AppRadio mode and AppRadioLIVE offer some other cool features. Launch and control compatible iPhone apps from the face of your receiver with AppRadio mode. And for more functionality, download the free AppRadioLIVE app to your phone and you can sync many popular apps and services into a single, easy-to-use interface, giving you easy control over maps, media, news, and calendars.
iDatalink Maestro lets you keep your factory extras
This Pioneer offers compatibility you won’t find in many other aftermarket radios, thanks to the iDatalink Maestro module (not included). In a wide selection of vehicles, this module lets you keep factory features that you’d otherwise lose when you install a new radio. You’ll also be able to check out engine performance data and other vehicle info on the Pioneer’s screen. Once you’ve identified your vehicle, you’ll see the iDatalink module offered on the way to the Shopping Cart if it’s compatible.
Hi-Res music and more
Crave the best sound quality? You’ll be stoked that the AVH-W4400NEX supports FLAC file playback, for compression-free CD-quality sound when you’re cruising down the highway. It will even play high-resolution FLAC files, if you have a speaker system that will do them justice. And don’t forget, you can also enjoy all your CDs, DVDs, discs full of MP3 or WMA music, SD cards, or USB storage devices loaded with files.
You can connect your iPod® or iPhone to one the receiver’s two rear USB inputs and use the receiver’s controls to access your playlists, with tools like Alphabet Search and Link Search to help you zero in on the song you want. Android users — you’ll be able to browse and play back the music that’s stored on many Android phones.
Radio that’s more than radio
The built-in HD Radio tuner delivers crystal-clear FM and AM reception from participating stations. If you’re a fan of streaming Internet radio, you can take charge of your Pandora® account from the touchscreen, complete with thumbs-up and thumbs-down controls. For an outstanding variety of music, news, sports, and talk programming, you can also connect an optional SiriusXM satellite radio tuner. This NEX receiver will even display album art from the satellite feed.
You can make the most of your music with this Pioneer’s 13-band EQ. Just swipe your finger on the touchscreen to dial in the curve that brings out tones you’re looking for. And you’ll find digital time alignment, Auto-EQ, and other powerful tools for compensating for your vehicle’s acoustics.
Want to keep your car’s steering wheel audio controls?
In most cars, you’ll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you’ll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You’ll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver’s Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone’s Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you’re going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check “Details” for compatibility information.
If you currently use AppRadio Mode, Pioneer has found that it won’t work with iOS 11. They’re working on an update, so you may want to keep iOS 10 until that fix is available.
- DVD/CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- detachable 7″ motorized touchscreen with multi-angle adjustments
- wireless or wired Android Auto control
- wireless or wired Apple CarPlay control
- Bluetooth hands-free calling and audio streaming
- built-in HD Radio tuner
- built-in Wi-Fi
- five customizable display colors and 112 key panel illumination choices
Smartphone Features (see Details for info on compatibility with specific smartphones and apps):
- AppRadio Mode for smartphone integration
- AppRadioLIVE compatible with free Pioneer app
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control
- playback and control of music files on compatible Android devices
- voice control with compatible iPhones and Android phones
- Wi-Fi certified Miracast for mirroring with older devices
- Pandora and Spotify control with iPhone and Android
- plays audio/video content from CDs, DVDs, SD cards, and USB memory devices (see Details tab for full capabilities)
- plays lossless FLAC audio files (up to 192kHz/24-bit) from flash media
- 13-band graphic equalizer with 7 preset EQ curves
- high- and low-pass filters
- Advanced Sound Retriever
- dual-zone audio
- Auto-EQ equalizes for your car interior automatically (optional mic required)
- works with SiriusXM tuner
- works with AVIC-U280 navigation module
- compatible with iDatalink Maestro to retain factory settings for Ford, GM, Chrysler, and VW
- inputs: rear A/V input, two rear USB inputs, HDMI input, dual rear-view camera inputs
- outputs: video output, 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- internal amp (14 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- CTA-2006 compliant
- MIXTRAX for a DJ-inspired audio/visual experience
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- compatible with iDatalink Maestro
- retains factory features for a variety of vehicles
- displays engine performance data on touchscreen
- fits double-DIN dash openings
- remote control
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AVH-W4400NEX
What’s in the box:
- DVD receiver (10A fuse)
- Detchable 6.95″ touchscreen monitor (installed)
- Wiring harness
- AV/preout harness
- Remote control (CD-R33)
- CR2025 3V lithium battery (installed in remote)
- GPS antenna (attached 11.5′ cable)
- 58″ USB extension cable
- Microphone w/ bracket (attached 13′ cable terminated by a right-angle 2.5mm connector)
- Two-sided tape
- 6 Pan-head ISO screws (M5 x 6mm)
- 6 Flat-head ISO screws (M5 x 6mm)
- Carrying case
- Self-adhesive square
- 3 Self-adhesive clips
- Sheet of self-adhesive labels
- Quick Start Guide
- Installation Manual
- Warranty Information
- “USB Type-C Phone” note
- “Apple CarPlay” note