Touchscreen receivers can do a lot of cool things. But I get frustrated with some of them when I have to jump from screen to screen to get to my favorite music and info sources. Pioneer’s AVH-501EX DVD receiver puts you in charge of the experience with a customizable home screen. Use the receiver’s interface to place your favorite sources on the home screen, where they’re only a tap away. And you can choose from 5 still or 2 video backgrounds plus a slew of display and control colors to fine tune the look.
Bluetooth® for your car
No way would I ever buy a receiver without Bluetooth® — hands-free calling, easy wireless access to the media on my smartphone — what’s not to love? And since I’m an IOS guy, I love how the AVH-501EX supports Siri Eyes Free when I’m in the car. Touch a button and I can listen to and send text messages, place calls, and ask questions, all without taking my eyes off the road.
Your A/V on tap
This receiver covers the bases with CD and DVD playback, an aux input, plus Android™ and iPhone® control via USB. Your inner audiophile will love the FLAC file support for true high-resolution music — up to 192kHz/24 bit. And if you like tuning in the radio on those long drives, you’ll appreciate the HD Radio™ tuner. You can get a video fix by watching DVDs when the parking brake is engaged or send the video output to optional rear-seat screens to entertain your passengers on those long road trips. Add a rear-view camera and you’ll get a better view in crowded parking lots or backing out of your garage.
Stellar sound quality you’ll love
The AVH-501EX rocks out with a powerful amplifier, supported by a versatile 13-band equalizer that tames the rough spots in your car’s acoustics. If you’re looking for a little more punch, connect an amp or powered sub to the three sets of 4-volt preamp outputs and kick things up a notch.
Keep your factory extras — and add some upgrades
The AVH-501EX offers compatibility you won’t find in many other aftermarket radios, thanks to the iDatalink Maestro module (not included). In a wide selection of vehicles, this module lets you keep factory features that you’d otherwise lose when you install a new radio. You’ll also be able to check out expanded functionality on the Pioneer’s screen, including gauges, climate controls, a distance sensor, and tire pressure and temperature monitors. With select rear-view cameras, you’ll even get parking guide lines that curve with the motion of your steering wheel. Once you’ve identified your vehicle, you’ll see the iDatalink module offered on the way to your Shopping Cart if it’s compatible.
Want to keep your steering wheel controls?
In most cars, you’ll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you’ll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You’ll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver’s Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone’s Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
- 6.2″ touchscreen display
- built-in HD Radio tuner
- multi-color illumination with selectable backgrounds and videos
- customizable home screen shortcuts
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- Siri Eyes Free voice control
- Pandora and Spotify control with iPhone and Android
- remote control
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control
- playback and control of music files on compatible Android devices
- plays audio/video content from CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices
- 13-band graphic equalizer with 7 preset EQ curves
- high- and low-pass filters
- Advanced Sound Retriever
- digital time alignment
- inputs: rear A/V input, rear USB input, dual camera inputs
- outputs: video output, 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, and subwoofer)
- works with SiriusXM SXV300 tuner
- compatible with optional AVIC-U280 navigation module
- internal amp (14 watts RMS CTA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- compatible with iDatalink Maestro module
- retains factory features in a wide selection of vehicles
- displays engine performance data on touchscreen
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- CTA-2006 compliant
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AVH-501EX