An interface of my own
I like to make things work my way. Check out the apps on my phone and you’ll find a carefully categorized layout. A little obsessive? Sure — but that’s the way I like it. I wonder if Pioneer was thinking of me with the AVH-14400NEX DVD receiver. The receiver’s crystal-clear VGA display’s home screen can be customized to display my favorite sources, so I can switch between them with just a single touch. Integrated voice control options when my smartphone is connected make control even easier. I pay more attention to the road, and less to operating my stereo.
“…a lot of receivers promise smartphone compatibility, but this Pioneer delivers a seamless experience.”
Smartphone compatibility that rules
I’ve seen a lot of receivers promise smartphone compatibility, but this Pioneer delivers a seamless experience. You can plug your iPhone® into this receiver and take charge of a variety of apps for navigation, music, and more from a pair of very cool interfaces. Best of all, you don’t have to pick one — Pioneer’s made it easy to switch quickly between the two.
- Apple CarPlay — CarPlay is an iOS user’s dream. Plug in your iPhone and you’ll access a friendly iOS styled interface and serious voice control options that let you quickly jump into your music, podcasts, messages, streaming music and more. CarPlay’s a no-brainer for me — it’s simply a much safer and simpler way to use your phone in the car.
- AppRadio Mode+ — Pioneer’s AppRadio Mode+ provides additional flexibility when your iPhone is attached, letting you tap into apps like Waze for navigation, and providing easy access to some video content through AppRadioLIVE.
Spotify and Pandora® control
If you’re like me and use streaming services a lot, you’ll appreciate how you can control your Pandora and Spotify accounts from the receiver. Just connect your iPhone via USB or Bluetooth, or pair up your Android™ with Bluetooth and you’re all set. You can even create new Pandora stations on the fly just by pressing a button.
Bluetooth® wireless command
The AVH-1440NEX is ready to roll with hands-free calling with your compatible phone, plus the ability to wirelessly stream and control music. Plus, with your compatible iPhone, you can take advantage of Siri Eyes Free functionality, using your voice to place calls, select music, hear notifications, add reminders — even compose and listen to text messages.
If you’re on the road all the time, you should consider tapping into the variety of satellite radio with an optional SiriusXM tuner. Or if you prefer checking out local radio, the built-in HD Radio™ tuner offers outstanding sound quality from participating stations.
The receiver’s LCD screen plays DVDs and other video content in bright, clear detail when you’re parked. You can keep your passengers entertained by sending video from the receiver to a rear-seat screen — that sure helps to minimize wars in the back seat. You’ll be able to view video content from your iPod or IPhone with the addition of optional cables. And you can play it safe when you throw it into reverse by plugging in a rear-view camera.
iDatalink Maestro lets you keep your factory extras
This Pioneer offers compatibility you won’t find in many other aftermarket radios, thanks to the iDatalink Maestro module (not included). In a wide selection of vehicles, this module lets you keep factory features that you’d otherwise lose when you install a new radio. You’ll also be able to check out engine performance data and other vehicle info on the Pioneer’s screen. Once you’ve identified your vehicle, you’ll see the iDatalink module offered on the way to the Shopping Cart if it’s compatible.
Want to keep your car’s steering wheel audio controls?
In most cars, you’ll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you’ll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You’ll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver’s Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone’s Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you’re going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check “Details” for compatibility information.
- DVD/CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- 6.2″ VGA touchscreen display
- Bluetooth hands-free calling and audio streaming
- built-in HD Radio tuner
- customizable touchscreen interface
- multi-color illumination
- MIXTRAX for a DJ-inspired audio/visual experience
- fits double-DIN dash openings
- remote control
Smartphone Features (see Details for info on compatibility with specific smartphones and apps):
- Apple CarPlay compatible
- AppRadio Mode+ for smartphone integration with Pioneer app
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control
- playback and control of music files on compatible Android devices
- Siri Hands Free compatible with compatible iPhones
- Pandora and Spotify control with iPhone and Android
- plays audio/video content from CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices (see Details tab for full capabilities)
- plays lossless FLAC audio files (up to 192kHz/24-bit) from flash media
- 13-band graphic equalizer with 7 preset EQ curves
- high- and low-pass filters
- Advanced Sound Retriever
- Auto-EQ equalizes for your car interior automatically (optional mic required)
- works with SiriusXM tuner
- works with AVIC-U280 navigation module
- inputs: rear USB port, rear audio/video input, rear-view camera input
- outputs: video output, 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- internal amp (14 watts RMS CTA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- CTA-2006 compliant
- fits double-DIN dash openings
- MIXTRAX for a DJ inspired audio/visual experience
- remote control
- compatible with iDatalink Maestro module
- retains factory features for a variety of vehicles
- displays engine performance data and other info on touchscreen
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AVH-1440NEX
What’s in the box:
- DVD receiver w/ integrated 6.2″ touchscreen monitor (10A fuse inserted in chassis)
- Wiring harness
- Remote control (CXE5116)
- CR2025 3V lithium battery (installed in remote)
- 58″ USB extension cable
- Microphone w/ visor-bracket (attached 13′ cable terminated by a right-angled 2.5mm connector)
- Two-sided tape
- 6 Pan-head ISO screws (M5 x 6mm)
- 6 Flat-head ISO screws (M5 x 6mm)
- Installation Manual
- Quick Start Guide